We will arrange an end conference in LIFE-Goodstream the 14-15 of December 2023. Feel free to register at John.email@example.com The agenda can be viewed here.
During two days, we will present results from the project Life Goodstream, which goal have been to increase the ecological status of Trönningeån, an agricultural stream located in the coastal landscape, as well as to reduce flooding, remove migration barriers and increase biodiversity in the drainage area. Moreover, the program includes presentations on other LIFE projects in Sweden and EU, holistic views on Swedish environmental policies and their implementation presented by The Federation of Swedish Farmers (LRF) and Swedish Agency for Marine and Water Management (HaV), and current research results from our projects “Wetlands as buffers” and “Wetlands 2.0”, together with Stockholm university, Lunds university and Halmstad university. Please find attached the conference program.
Target groups of the conference are LIFE projects in Sweden and EU, officers of County Administrative Boards, municipalities, and governmental agencies, as well as catchment officers, water boards, NGOs and researchers. You are most welcome to spread this invitation!
Last date for registration is November 30, 2023. The number of places is limited. Registration via mail to me, John Strand.
Please provide information on your name, organization, whether you wish to present a poster or similar, if you have any special dietary needs and if you need transport from Halmstad to the conference venue.
Hushållningssällskapet Halland (Rural Economy and Agricultural Society of Halland, REAS) is located ca 10 km south of the city Halmstad.
How to find us:
- By car: The address is Lilla Böslid 146, 305 96 Eldsberga. Google coordinates: 56.5988, 12.95255.
- By train: Several trains daily from e.g. Stockholm, Gothenburg, Malmö, Oslo, Copenhagen (including Copenhagen airport). https://www.sj.se/en From Copenhagen airport the train journey is ca 2 – 2.5 hours depending on which train is taken.
- By plane: Halmstad airport is situated just north of the city. Is possible to fly to Halmstad via Stockholm, but often it is better to take a flight to Copenhagen and from there a train to Halmstad (see above)
LIFE Goodstream will cover the costs for transportation to and from the conference venue and all meals during the conference, including the conference dinner. Please inform us about any special dietary needs.
Conference dinner and transport between Halmstad and the conference venue:
The conference dinner will take place at ProfileHotels Halmstad Plaza on December 14, 2023 at 7 pm. Pick-up location for any transport between Halmstad and the conference venue is in front of ProfileHotels Halmstad Plaza. Adress: Anna Lindhs Plats 1, 302 66 Halmstad.
- We have pre-booked rooms at ProfileHotels Halmstad Plaza (1095 SEK, including breakfast buffé) https://ligula.se/profilhotels/profilhotels-halmstad/. It is situated right next to the train station.
- Other hotels in Halmstad can be found at: https://www.destinationhalmstad.se/en/accommodation/hotels
The conference is held in English.